Archive for the ‘wp.27’ Category
10 Things You Need To Know About WordPress 2.7 | Technosailor.com; as I tweeted just now, “Pretty much MustRead … mucho shiny.” You’ll prolly also want to read December 11, 2008 – WP2.7 “Coltrane” (by Matt. Filed under Development) at WordPress.org.
And while you’re at Aaron’s site,
check out his TwitPitch plugin, an alternative contact form that originates a DM to you. This is a brilliant idea, but Aaron informs me that it quit working a little while ago … deff promote as ToDo.
This all has me wondering if I’m still need to find a good comment threading plugin or not.
Jeff Chandler’s “List Of WordPress Plugins I Use“. Thanks to Jeff for that list and for pointing me to “30+ Tools to Turn WordPress into a Personal Hub” at Mashable. (And his tip on redirecting snoops away from your plugin directory.)
Other plugins of interest:
- Sideblog … kinda like tweets directly into your sidebar. Related would be tWPtter (pronounced t-WHIP-ter), which is “a micro-blogging plugin for WordPress”.
- Custom Field Widgets Plugin … one of many; I’m going to munge through this whole type to find what will fit a very specific need. More l8r
- “With Comment Sorter, readers can disable Trackbacks and also decide what order they would like to read the comments.” Yaaa, that’s the sorta customize functionality I want: neat and user-friendly.
Also by RaProject.com, WP Ajax Edit Comments: “allows users and admins to edit comments on a post. Users can edit their own comments for a limited time, while admins can edit all comments”.
From Performancing.com: “7 Great Examples of WP Threaded Comments”
I spoze this is the place to put “MyCaptcha for Comments“. Not what I need just now, but dandy if your situation is different.
- Use WordPress as a Forum! … who can resist this? See it in action on TheDeadOne’s site.
- Role Manager -“WP2.0 introduces the concept of Roles. Each Role is allowed to perform a set of tasks called Capabilities. This Plugin allows you to define and manage multiple subscriber profiles – called Roles and their Capabilities. Also you can create new Roles and Capabilities.” There is also Role Scoper to be considered; I’m gonna need to roll something like this into Mooo.
- Rate Your Comments (Comment Karma). In line with this is SezWho; “a comment rating/reputation based service. Users rate on comments for a given post which can in turn, leverage ratings of a commenter on other blogs.”
- Here’s two I consider non-negotiable: Subscribe to Comments and Live Comment Preview. Somewhat related, WP_EasyReply. (Jeff has posted an elegant enhancement to this.)
- QuickPost WordPress Plugin – “Inspired by the tumblr.com’s bookmarklet … this plugin allows you to quickly post text, images, photos, quotes, and videos to your WordPress implementation.”
- And mebbe just cuz I luv tabbiness: Tabbed Widgets (“one can easily create tab and accordion type blocks of content without writing a single line of code. Simply select the widgets you want to appear as tabs, specify their tab titles and a new tabbed widget is created automatically”) and post Tabs (“postTabs allows you to easily split your post/page content into Tabs that will be shown to your visitors.”))
p.s. WordPress et al is doing a GPL shakeout … started with “cleaning up” the themes collection, but it’s reverberating down into plugin territory. Viz.: “”Why Were 200 WordPress Themes Removed?” and “Removal of 200 GPL-licensed WordPress themes; Automattic putting the boot to premium theme developers“